We are all excited about our upcoming biannual exhibition 27, 28, 29 July 2018.
Over the last two years our members have been busy creating items that are just fantastic. We have loved seeing them come to life and look forward to sharing these amazing results with you.
We will exhibit a collection of handspun, handdyed, knitted, crocheted, felted and woven items using methods and materials in ways we love and new ways we have experimented with. The committee are working diligently to make it the best exhibition ever. This time we will have:
- Demonstrations and interactive educational activities for visitors to try
- Great raffle prizes, sponsored from some of our favourite stores in Tauranga and further afield.
- Plus over 20 traders of yarn, roving, untreated fleece, carded or dyed wool, spinning wheels and other equipment and fibres
- Members items for sale, with funds often used to launch new creative projects
- And what we call a ‘cash and carry table’ of smaller items that raise money for our club activities. Visitors will find some neat items here to take home
- A café on site for hot drinks and food
- And information on how to join us
…so lots of treats for all who come by over the three days.
Joan Hansford-Jensen coordinates the exhibition and will oversee the hanging of the display as she did last time with great success. Kristey Batten, our guest exhibitor, is busy making some more exciting items for her display and is also decorating the foyer with some glowing colourful pieces with the help of Margaret Russell. Sue Frieswyk has gathered together a great range of traders. Sheryl Handley-Sargent has done the artwork on the poster.
More updates in a couple of weeks!